Standing Committee and PCC meeting dates 2023-24
8.00 – 9.30pm
- SC – Wednesday 28 June 2023
- PCC – Wednesday 12 July 2023
- SC – Wednesday 13 September 2023
- PCC – Wednesday 27 September 2023
- SC – Wednesday 8 November 2023
- PCC – Wednesday 22 November 2023
- SC – Wednesday 24 January 2024
- PCC – Wednesday 7 February 2024
- SC – Wednesday 17 April 2024
- PCC – Wednesday 1 May 2024
- APCM – Wednesday 22 May 2024
PCC Roles and Subcommittees: 2021-2022
Chair: Revd Dr Laura Biron-Scott
Vice-chair: Dave Smith
Secretary: Felicity Wallendszus
Safeguarding Officer: Dr Anne Tarassenko
Electoral Roll Officer: Joan Jones
Churches Together Representative: Joan Jones
Treasurer and Binswood Avenue Representative: Richard Stoneman
Deanery Synod Reps (appointed by APCM): Janet Foot, Mark Poolman, Margaret Woodcock, Janet Masters
Active PCC Subcommittees and Working Groups
To function efficiently, the PCC appoints a number of sub-committees and working groups, which report back to PCC as needed. PCC members are encouraged to serve on at least one subcommittee or working group. Subcommittee members who are not on PCC do not need to be co-opted, although the PCC may decide to co-opt members as needed (up to 3 co-opted members are permitted). Membership of subcommittees for 2021-2022 is as follows:
Standing Committee meets in advance of PCC meetings to review written reports and set the agenda. It can transact business separately from PCC, subject to any directions given by PCC, and can approve financial expenditure for items under £1000.
Members: Laura Biron-Scott (Chair), Rob Gilbert, Margaret Taylor, Dave Smith, Felicity Wallendszus, Richard Stoneman.
Parish Planning Group
This group meets to review and plan matters relating to the general running of the parish, particularly relating to worship, mission and ministry.
Members: Laura Biron-Scott, Rob Gilbert, Dave Smith, Margaret Taylor, Andrea Taylor, Adrian Wood, Helen Day, Rosie Tweddle, Felicity Wallendszus
Church Building Project
The building project committee has three subgroups, and holds plenary meetings of all three groups roughly three times per year.
Buildings: to work with our architect on matters relating to project design, planning, contracts and management of the building work.
Members: Laura Biron-Scott, David Knight, Helen Day, Chris McLeod (eco-church representative), Derek Taylor, Kevin Masters
Fundraising grants: to work with our professional fundraiser in developing our fundraising strategy and submitting grant applications (including congregational pledges)
Members: Ian Alexander, David Knight, Dominic Vickers, Joan Walding
Fundraising events: to assist in our fundraising strategy by planning events and activities designed to raise money for the building project.
Members: Anne Tarassenko, Mike Wooldridge, Diana Clews
This committee oversees the church’s commitment to being an Eco-Church, and advises the PCC on its responsibilities to fulfill the fifth mark of mission: ‘to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth’.
Members: Jan McLeod, Chris McLeod, Hilary Rollin, Karl Wallendszus.
Pastoral Care Group
Members: Nell Slocock, Sue Saville, Anne Tarassenko, Helen Day, Margaret Taylor
This committee organizes the Christmas event and Summer fete.
Mike Hill, Lisa Hill, Margaret Taylor, Derek Taylor, Janet Foot, Howard Pearce, Linda Pearce.
Non-Active PCC Subcommittees
The following committees have not met in the past year and their membership is under review:
- Finance subcommittee
- Social Justice Group
- Churchyard Committee
- Inclusivity Working Group
Possible new committees for 2021-22
- Churchyard vision group: to help develop a future strategy for the churchyard, including the possibility of a churchyard extension and quiet garden space.
- Children and families: a focus group to help develop our work with children, families and young people.
- Charitable Giving: To oversee the church’s commitment to charitable giving and develop a policy on this matter. To consider possibilities for an overseas mission partner.
- Coach House Vision: To work with members of the Coach House Management Committee to help develop a shared vision for the building.
Duty wardens in bold.
- Sheila Allcock
- Carrie Barron
- Maureen Cooper
- Linda Davies
- Bernie Farrar
- Peter Garside
- Diana Harrison
- Daphne King
- Phillip Lister
- Pat Lucraft
- Jan McLeod
- Janet Masters
- Kevin Masters
- Nicholas Rollin
- Dave Smith
- Roz Smith
- Anne Tarassenko
- Margaret Taylor
- Deirdre Twycross
- Adrian Wood